Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Summary of the Course

The course was a real eye opener in American folk music and the impact it had over the American culture. As an Asian American whose parents immigrated from China, I felt like I missed out on a lot of traditional American culture. I also never thought about folk music very much since it didn't seem very interesting compared to all the knowledge I had about classical music. However after taking the class I found a new way in appreciating folk music and understanding the complexities in each song. Even though the notes and chords may not be revolutionary, the emotion and story behind every song and every singer is unique and unable to be copied. I feel like the songs have changed me in becoming a more accepting and open person. Hopefully this will help me in my journey "down the long dusty road" and live a happier more fulfilling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment